22.7.08

Singapore

So, Singapore. It is big. It has many shopping malls. Its seems to consist mainly of shopping malls actually and that makes it a bit of a strange place. Yesterday was my first day here and it was quite rainy. I went outside took look for the trainstation and I got rained upon. A lot, as it rains a lot here. What is amazing is that all the sidewalk here are covered in a kind of bathroomtiles that get slippery when they get wet. This made it difficult to get around .


It was also rather difficult to find the trainstation, I did not succeed yesterday. I also could not really find a tourist information with a staff member occupieing it. This meant I had to make do with the made that I got from the counter. The map shows a few interesting things, but mainly shopping malls. This also seems the main thing that people do here in Singapore. Singapore is excellent for shopping for either clothes or electronics. I have never in my life seen such large and so many malls.

What I like about Singapore is that there are many really nicely coloured buildings. Both big and small. The high rise buildings are made of cubic shapes stacked very creatively which reminds me of soviet buildings, but their colourfull paint makes them look very happy. It is also a very green place, plants seem to grow every where and the city smells remarkalby nice. Oo, and very nice food, everywhere.

In the end I did find the trainstation and got me a ticket to Kuala Lumpur. I am leaving tomorrow at 7.40hrs and will be interested in what I find, I hope. Also, some photos are now online.

Geen opmerkingen: