23.5.08

Cardboard house

Ha! Here yet again a story from Sydney. This months posts on my blog are definitely going better than last month. As promised I have been spending a lot of time at university this week and some progress at meeting the deadlines is being made. 1.5 week left to go.

Last Monday I handed in my architecture model which turned out quite nice. It is a cardboard house showing my plan for a pavilion in the park next to the Central station here in Sydney. The pavilion should provide shade and water for visitors and has a small pond in the middle of the structure. I made it like a big wall so it can be used to separate the park from a big road and a nasty looking parking lot. And night it should be illuminated by light coming from the pond. See for yourself below.




The whole thing took the most of the previous weekend to make and is about 110x60x30 cm big. While I was taking it to uni on the bus a guy almost stepped on it. Holy crapola. But in the end all was well and it got me a "high distinction". Which is nice. The grades here in Australia are different, they range from fail, to pass, to credit, to distinction, to high distinction.

Besides that I went to the world press photo on Wednesday, which was awesome and in the evening I watched "the State of Origin", which seems to be the biggest Aussie Rules footy match in the year. It is similar to rugby. New South Wales (where I live) played Queensland (neighbours to the North) and won. Good times. See you again soon!

Geen opmerkingen: