5.5.08

Koninginnedag en meer, from Sydney

Aloha from Sydney again. It has been busy the past weeks with a lot of university work deadlines last week. On Tuesday I had to hand in an Animatic, a rough version of my animation in Maya and on Wednesday I had a report due for a interior redesign for a bus.

Creating the animation thingy was rather more difficult than I expected. Besides animating the whole thing using Maya I needed to stitch the frames together in Fcheck and the clips needed editing and adding sounds using Final Cut. Of both of which I know absolutely nothing, so I took me some extra time. All in all it was fun to do and if I ever manage to compress it sufficiently I will put it on youtube. Untill then you'll just have to imagine how good it was.

The bus thing had to be handed in the day later and was subsequently under prepared. This resulted in me working till late to finish the stuff and thus oversleeping in the morning. Awaking in panic, I only made the deadline just in time.

After a afternoon of recovery in the park I went out to celebrate Koninginnedag (Queensday, the national holiday in the Netherlands celebrating the Queens birthday) at the reception organized by the Dutch Embassy in Sydney. I arrived rather undressed at this 3 part suit orange tie party, but was admitted anyway. Sadly I missed the accordion player, although I suspect he might not have showed up. Luckily there was a lot of Heineken, herring and cheese goodness to make up for that. The afterparty was in a nice terrace house in Surrey Hills where about 100 Dutch people made life miserable for the Australians, so we got kicked out at 1.30, but good times were had all in all.

The weekend has been easy going for me. Went out to party with the people living on my house on Friday getting home at 5.30 in the morning, which was late, but nice. I took the ferry to Manly beach on Sunday which was really nice. It takes about half an hour through the harbour from the city to Manly, and the sun was out. Pretty darn good.

Next weekend we, me and some other people from my house, will be going to the Goldcoast, 10 hours North, visiting the parents of someone in my house. I think it is going to be fun, but I'll let you know. Bye!

Geen opmerkingen: