23.3.08

Happy Easter!

Yes, easter! The feast with the eggs and rabbits. And a happy one to all. This morning I found a chocolate egg on my door, for which I am very thankful. It was nice, and very tasty. After that I had breakfast and I tried to explain easter to the Indian from across the hall. "You celebrate Christ?" Yes. We celebrate the resurrection of Jesus, who was hanged from the cross three days ago. "And what do the rabbit and the eggs have to do with it?"
It is strange to explain a feast if that you have always taken for granted. The rabbits and eggs are old pagan fertility symbols. And apparently the eggs symbolizes the spark of new life that Jesus got today. The rabbits got into easter thanks to their prolific breeding habbits. It am not entirely sure what this has to do with Jesus.
Below are my eggs, that I decorated for the occasion, to make sure that Y could eat them.


Besides that nothing much is going on. I was hoping that I might go on a nice trip, but apparently I didn't. Most people in my house are visiting their parents, so its a bit quiet. I am trying to get my portfolio together, which is something long overdue. And I have been looking at graduation projects. The portfolio is a bit difficult because I seem to have very few images of my work, so I am working on that. I hope it will become very nice, ill show you when it is done.

Now I will go and bake an easter pizza. Should you happen to run into good graduation projects, do let me know.

Geen opmerkingen: