23.2.08

the Blue Mountains

Hi! Yesterday and today I have been to the Blue Mountains. I was a nice trip, good to get out of the city but I haven't found out why they are called the Blue mountains. Very few blue things about them. Me and my bicycle took the train to Katoomba, a cool name for a place, where the hostel was full, but I could still rent a hostel tent. So I did, see below.


Nice eh? When I got the tent sorted out I took my bike to check out the Blue Mountains. I took a trip along the cliff road from where you easily stop at several viewpoints. The views were really good, but I found the "three sisters" a bit of a disappointment: not as cool as the books say they would be. Next I went to Leura, where you can see some cascades, which was nice. After that I called it a day and went to my tent.

Today I went to see Evans Lookout in Blackheat. The view was similar, but there was a very nice walk that took me into the canyon where a kind of rainforest grows. The trip was about 2 hours with a lot of stairs but is was very very cool. After that I went on to Victoria Falls, where the landscape was much dryer and totally different, but still nice. When I got to the Victoria Falls lookout a sign said that the falls could not be seen from there, and seeing the falls would take another 4 hour walk. Slightly confused, I decided to go home.

The pictures will be on my Flickr account if you are interested. I am however not allowed to make any more sets, - until I upgrade my free account, which I might - so they are not in a tidy set. Yet. Sorry.

Geen opmerkingen: