19.2.08

New things...

Hi! Yesterday I moved to a new place: my own room, next to a church. The room is not that big, but also not that small. It has a lot of cupboards. It is nice and it is quiet and I like that. The house is located in a new neighbourhood: also quiet with a lot of Italians and trees. I have never seen so many pizzaria's in one street. Nice.

Also, I bought a new bike to get around. It is not so big, has 26 inch wheels, a shockbreaker and 21 gears. And I have got a new helmet to go with that. I do not like helmets, but the fine is 200 dollars for not having one.

If you like, you can check these new things - including the helmet - out on my Flickr account.

This afternoon I took my new bike out for a testdrive and it was nice. I really missed cycling and I really hate going by bus. Cycling here is pretty cool. Everything goes up and down all the time and can be pretty steep, so the downhill part is great. On your bike you are allowed to use both the road and the sidewalk: this is pretty nice as it helps to avoid a lot of traffic lights and makes the riding a very dynamic experience. I did not like the shockbreaker at first, but it does come in handy going up and down the sidewalk all the time. So, if you are in Sydney for a while: get a bike! And below: the view from a bridge.

Geen opmerkingen: