9.2.08

Sydney, the second day.

Aloha! Today the second day. I slept really well tonight, when I woke up it was already past noon. After breakfast I went to running and found out that it was raining, and raining good. My first plan was to go to the beach today, but because of the rain I decided not to.

Instead I tried to find the UTS rowing club today. When I got to the train station the train were not running so I walked. It is quite some distance to the rowing club, about 10km, but the walk was good. From my hostel you go thought the city centre, past the university and then you follow Parramatta road. This is a long road all the way through town from east to west. It has a strange combination of buildings on it: houses, stores, factories and collapsing things. At some point I had to take a right towards the bay. That road took my through a living neighbourhood with small houses that all had verandas and nice well kept gardens. At the end of that there was the bay and the rowing club.

Oddly enough there was nobody rowing at the club when I arrived. On top of the club was a some sort of bar where I went to take a look. Inside I found many middle aged men drinking large quantities of beer. As this was not what I was expecting I decided to ask the lady behind the bar. She told me that the rowers were not in at the moment, and told me maybe to come back on Monday. So, more on that some other time.

Geen opmerkingen: