8.2.08

First day in Sydney

Hi, as you might have read in the header, today was my first day in Sydney. The weather was better than yesterday: no rain, but clouds and in the end of the afternoon there was some sun. It is not cold though, about 22 degrees Celsius.

I am staying in a hostel here: the Palms hostel, which is quite okay. It's located in near Kings Cross and has a lot of trees around it. I am sleeping in a room with 9 other people and all of them seem nice. This morning I woke up because the manager came to clean out the bedbugs (did not know we had any, but the girl sleeping below was covered in bites) and now everything smells a bit weird. Good riddance to them.

After that was done went to take a look at the city. I took the train to the University of Technology Sydney (UTS), which is housed in a array of not so nice concrete buildings. It is located next to Central Station, which is very convenient. When I found my faculty it seemed that they were redecorating because there were no students present, just a pile of dust and some construction workers. I had hoped for a little more than that.

Next I took a walk through the city. I started in China town and moved on towards the center of town. Sydney is rather big, with a lot of high-rise buildings. It is also surprisingly steep. While walking around you keep going up and keep going down, and vice versa. I visited an department store that had
exits to the street divided over three different floors.

I really did not feel like taking photos today, so I only took 1 and it is not so good. But you will have to do with it for now, so here it is:



Bye!

Geen opmerkingen: