17.2.08

Today: Tropfest

So, maybe you were wondering what I have been up to? The answer: not much. The whole week was a bit slow, I expected more from the university introduction which was very short, and was left with a lot of spare time. I have been hanging around in the Botanical Garden, reading a bit and visiting a few museums.

Today was pretty okay though because I went to visit Tropfest: a short film festival. It was held on the Domain, which is a large piece of grass next to the Botanical Garden. In the middle of the field there was a large triangular stage with screens on three sides. It started in the afternoon; there was not much to do yet, but you could have a picknick on the field which created a nice and easy going atmosphere.

Around 6 things started to get going with a band - Von She, or something - which was acceptable. After that the directors came in and after that, at long last the movies started. They screened 16 short film finalists (rules: première movie and max 7 minutes). I liked the ones on the mouseracing and the Japanese most. Sadly I left early, after seeing 8, because it started to rain, which I did not like. I will try to get the DVD next week and watch the other 8. All in all, a cool and easy going festival.

If you are interested, visit the Tropfest website by clicking here. Bye!

Geen opmerkingen: