9.2.08

Chinese newyear in Sydney

Hi, today is the Chinese Newyear celebration here in Sydney. We are now entering the year of the rat and because of that there was a parade through town. It is organised by the Chinese community, but it seemed that a large part of the population came to watch. The parade had carts with all kinds of animals, dragons, marching bands and a lot of dressed up Chinese people.




After watching the parade we went for lunch in the park and then went see the Chinese garden. This was a very feng shui like thing with nice ponds and waterfalls in it. The garden was larger then I expected and had a lot of tourists in it.

To finallize my sightseeing I went for a walk along the harbour bridge. This is the largest bridge in Sydney and was quite impressive and nicely built. From it I had my first view of the famous Sydney Opera House, which was about time as I've already been here for three days.

Tomorrow the introduction at UTS will start. I hope that it wont last to long, because I would like to go to the beach.

2 opmerkingen:

Annette zei

Ha Yvo,

Leuk om te lezen, en mooie foto's allemaal! Wanneer mag je beginnen met studeren?

groeten,
Annette

JeeJee zei

Veel plezier op school morgen. Of is dat bij jou al vandaag en nu?